Just How Good are You at Relaxing? Something to Think About…
As Dr. Patricia Thompson scrolled on Twitter, she stumbled upon this tweet by a Wharton Professor, Adam Grant.
When is the last time you took a vacation? Taking a vacation is good for your health—really! It is a necessity for a healthy life – as important as eating well and getting exercise.
By now, we all know that we’re supposed to take time for self-care and relaxation.
Still, some of us struggle to make time to do it at all, while others might not make the most of their time when they’re doing it.
In this brief episode, Dr. Patricia Thompson shares a recent experience that has inspired her to up her self-care game. Hopefully, it’ll do the same for you!
- Life would be so much better if we give ourselves permission to disconnect more often.
- A lot of us put our work essential in our lives
- Set some boundaries for yourself.
- Give yourself permission to disconnect. Do something you truly enjoy.
- Patricia on Focus Atlanta – In this episode from July 8, 2018, Patricia spoke with Keisha Lancelin about the importance of taking vacations for being less stressed and more productive in the workplace.
- Executive Mindfulness – An online mindfulness course for busy executives who want to be better leaders and more productive at work.