Feeling Bored With Your Work? How to Find a Greater Sense of Meaning
It’s a question all of us should ask ourselves. Why do we do what we do? In line with these questions, I would like you to stop and think about the following before we dive into this episode.
Is your work meaningful to you? Do you feel a sense of purpose in what you’re doing?
Are you excited to go to your job?
If the answer to these questions is “no,” then this episode is for you. It seems that a lot of people don’t feel that their work is very meaningful. That’s why, in this episode, Dr. Patricia Thompson shares practical tips you can apply to bring a greater sense of meaning to your work – starting today. Find out the necessary mindset shifts and actions to be taken so that you can better appreciate the job you have now.
- Think about your core values. What’s really important in your life?
- Practice gratitude.
- Pretend your time is limited.
- Having supportive relationships is good for your mood, your general outlook, and even your health
- Give yourself permission to take breaks, have a hobby, hang out with friends, and enjoy yourself.
- Challenge yourself.
- Look for opportunities to volunteer.
- Take small steps.
- It is important to get in touch with your values. Learn why knowing your values is a powerful way to boost success.
- Why Taking Breaks Makes You More Productive – In this article, Dr. Patricia Thompson explains the importance of taking a break. Our brains, just like our bodies, need to relax in order to stay optimally functional.
- Motives for volunteering are associated with mortality risk in older adults. – Research that says if you’re only volunteering for self-serving purposes, you won’t get the same benefits.